Climatebiz Community

Lucid Air Dream Edition Vs. Tesla Model S Plaid

If you were to buy a new electric car, which one would you get between the Lucid Air Dream Edition and the Tesla Model S Plaid?

Lucid Air Dream Edition Tesla Model S Plaid
Drive AWD AWD
Battery 113 kWh 100 kWh
EPA Range 520 miles 396 miles
0 – 60 mph 2.5 s 1.99 s
1/4 Mile 10 s 9.23 s
Top Speed 168 mph 200 mph
Peak Power 1,111 hp 1,020 hp
Power Train Dual ActiveCore Tri-Motor
Aerodynamic Cd 0.21Cd 0.208Cd
Weight 5,203 lbs 4,766 lbs
Cost $169,000 $140,490

This is a pretty tough decision for me.

If I were to base my decision solely on your table, I’d probably go with the Lucid Air Dream.

The increased top speed and 0-60 time of the Tesla is great, but it’s not really my thing. I’m more of a long-distance driver ( I love road trips) so that 124-mile range would come in handy.

I’m also not fond of yoke steering wheels, but I’ve heard that those who have become accustomed to them find them enjoyable.

That being said, I much prefer the exterior of the Model S. I get that there’s much more to a good car than its exterior, but if I’m dropping $140K on a car, I want to enjoy looking at it.

I also prefer the touchscreen and user interface of the Plaid.

Not an easy decision, but I think the Model S would be my choice.

Yeah, the yoke has gotten many mixed reviews!

I know that Marques Brownlee wasn’t a fan of the yoke when he first got his hands on the Tesla Model S Plaid. However, he has since become a fan!

As for the range, an extra 124 miles will definitely come in handy. And to be honest, 2.5 s from 0 - 60 is fast enough for me!

With this being said, I still think I would go with the Tesla. Though, this is likely due to brand equity over actual performance metrics.

Another deciding factor for me would be the numerous amount of trustworthy Tesla superchargers out there.

@DylanCrosbie What are your thoughts?

I’d go for the Lucid Air, mainly because of its range :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m going Tesla.

Who wouldn’t want to get their hands on that Tri-Motor beast of an “engine”

1 Like

Whilst the specs table is impressive for both models, it comes down to design when I choose a car. The specs between the cars are close enough that choosing the car by its design isn’t crippling.

The Lucid air looks futuristic and would be my first choice if I only judged the car by its exterior. However, now that I’ve compared the two models, I’d definitely go for the Tesla.

The Tesla’s user interface is so much more friendly and that’s what makes a good driving experience for me.

1 Like